SHOP doTerra products here
You’re likely familiar with essential oils, and similarly, familiar with the healing power of plants.
Inside many plants—hidden in roots, seeds, flowers, and bark are concentrated, highly potent chemical compounds. Essential oils are the essence of a plant, they give a plant its scent. When you use essential oils, you’ll have more natural solutions and fewer toxic, synthetically manufactured products in your life and home. Each oil is unique, making it easy to find a natural solution for your specific health concerns.
There is now increasing scientific evidence and research showing that essential oils can be effectively and safely used in a wider range of day-to-day practices and routines for amazing benefits. Today, essential oils can be used for household cleaning, personal hygiene, cooking, and much, much more.
The essential oil market is very competitive so it’s important to use oils that are pure, potent, and safe. As you try different oils, you will learn which essential oils work best for you and your needs. Some of the most popular essential oils are those with multiple benefits and application methods.
There are three ways to use essential oils:
1. Through smell. We call this “aromatic” use of essential oils. This includes any application method that helps you experience the aroma of the oil. You can use essential oils aromatically by:
- Diffusing in an essential oil diffuser
- Applying a drop to your hands and inhaling
- Wearing as a personal fragrance
2. On your skin. “Topical” application of essential oils allows the oil to absorb into the skin. Some ways to use essential oils on your skin are:
- Apply to targeted areas and rub in
- Add to lotions or moisturizers
3. Ingesting, or “internal” use of essential oils allows the oil to be transported throughout your body. Make sure the essential oil is safe for internal use first, and then try one of these methods:
- Add to a glass of water
- Take in a veggie capsule
- Put a drop under your tongue
I’ve used doTerra products for years, and also enjoy Young Living Essential Oils.
Explore doTerra products here
Photo credit: David Bartus